Winter is here and it went from warm to bitter cold overnight it seems. That said, the Buffalo Triathlon Club has events, training and more to heat up the offseason a bit!
2016 End-of-Year BTC Banquet
Great fun, great friends and great food. January 30th 2016 is our end of year club banquet. Every year the BTC Board and volunteers put together a great event. Some of the awesome at the event includes:
- The 2015 year wrap-up video. We put together a fun video to recap the previous season.
- Great food. The Pan-Am grill gives us a ton for the money that includes Hors D’oeuvres a buffet dinner, cash bar and a sound system.
- 2016 Board Inductees. We’ll welcome the new and returning board members for 2016.
- Brick & Time Trial Awards. Brick-masters Keith, George and Joe will announce the brick and time trial award winners. All winners will receive a commemorative plaque.
- Bring a can of vege’s and get a ticket for the Chinese Auction. This year we have an auction with some great prizes. You can either pay a dollar for a ticket or bring a can of vege’s for charity. Either earns you a ticket to put in the auction.
Visit the Banquet page get your tickets today. Cut off for registration is January 12th.
ECC Swims on Sundays
There is no better time to learn to swim or to improve your stroke than in the off-season! This year on most swim weeks Corey Bower will not only be coordinating but also providing coaching from the deck. Swims are on Sundays from 10:15AM – 11:45Am at the Burt Flickenger Center downtown. These swims are a lot of fun and will really help you overcome bad habits and help you become more confident in the water. If you’re a seasoned veteran and master swimmer you’ll have fun with the people and a group usually gets together for breakfast post-swim as well.
Bikeshop Buffalo Rides – Following ECC Swims
Around the corner from ECC is Bikeshop Buffalo. A great bike shop that is also outfitted with a training studio they call The Hubfit Studio. The Bike Shop is extending an offer to all BTC members for a 90 minute ride session from 12-1:30PM for $15. This gives members the opportunity to do a swim/bike brick and may play well into your winter training plans. Here is a message from Adam Trost:
“I want to let the membership know, that I have created a 90min. ride session from 12-1:30pm for BTC members who go and use the ECC pool here at HUBFiT Studio. Only $15 to sign up! Jennifer Bell showed some interest in it, so we are happy to extend the offer to anyone in the club. We open at 8am, so you can even bring your bike and gear over before the swim and leave it here, then just walk across the street and get a spin in afterwards. Here’s the link to sign up – http://www.supersaas.com/sch…/HubFit_Studio/SarisPowerbeam“
2016 Membership Renewals
It’s also that time of year to renew your BTC memberships before we close them and you’ll be forever locked out! Just kidding… however, if you’ve not yet signed up or renewed your membership please do so. January 1 starts our club ‘grace period’. Those that are not renewed by April 1st will lose club benefits.